The Best Bivvy reviews 2019 updated
When choosing a bivvy, the main criteria are cost, weight, size. (not always in that order) other factors are very important. which is why I put together this quick bivvy reviews buyers guide 2018.
Longevity, you want it to give you many years of use. Also, does the bivvy have rear vents, rod straps front and rear. How well it stands up to heavy rain and very windy conditions.
Hydrostatic head (Hydrostatic Head is the measure of how water resistant your bivvy material is. It measures how tall a column of water the fabric can hold before water starts to seep through the weave. A Hydrostatic Head of 5000mm means that a bivvy fabric could hold a column of water that is 5000mm tall) so a higher HH rating is better, which also helps the breathability.
so now we know what to look for when buying a bivvy
Best bivvy 2019 comparison table
The bivvy weights are including pegs and groundsheet so in the bag weight
Trakker tempest V2
Trakker Armo V4
Chub Vizor Lite Bivvy
Cyprinus Base HQ BIvvy
Fox Royal Classic Bivvy
Abode Evoque Bivvy
Nash Titan T1
Nash Titan T2
Nash Titan TC
Nash Titan TC Pro
Aqua M3 bivvy
HERE ARE MY TOP BIVVY REVIEWS.
First up on the bivvy review is the trakker tempest V2 bivvy has a revolutionary patented block design enables the Tempest to be erected rapidly with the minimum of effort. This is extremely helpful when setting up in those days when it's wet. It has an ingenious footprint, which maximises internal space for the session angler, without it taking up unnecessary room in the swim. Construction is from our Aquatexx® material, which continues to lead the way in waterproof and breathable bivvy fabrics.
Front mozzie panels and rear vents provide much-needed ventilation throughout the warmer months. The Tempest’s front can be fully zipped out, plus the sides can be pegged out further apart, creating a much lower bivvy profile. The Tempest… ‘the calm before, during and after the storm’
- Patented design allows quick assembly and pack down
- Spacious interior without a huge footprint
- Heavy-duty groundsheetHeavy-duty T-pegs
- Upgraded aluminium frame with black finish powder-coated
- Anti-twist poles and block
- Fully removable infill panel with heavy-duty zip
- Zipped and Velcro mozzie rear vents and front windows
- Zipped NXG carry bag
Trakker Armo V4 Plus Bivvy
The trakker Armo is a iconic name when talking about bivvys they have a great reputation of producing some top end kit with the Aquatexx material
This version 4 is the latest development of the original armo bivvy. Some of the new features are what they call adaptive ventilation which keeps the air circulating around the bivvy which keeps the bivvy nice and cool and cuts down on condensation.
The V4 comes with a removable peak that you can unzip completely, which might come in handy if your casting in a tight swim and need the extra space also to give you a better view of the sky!? not sure what other benifits that has.
You can also get a inner capsule that also includes a stitched in groundsheet that keeps you away from the greepy crawlies and the rats! the capsule also has a pocket to put your receiver or anything else you'd like to hide away
Second up on the bivvy reviews is the Chub Vizor Lite Bivvy. Coming in at only 11.2kg including groundsheet and pegs this bivvy is lightweight.
With only two rib section, it makes it quick to erect and also because of the two rib design leaves bags of room for your bedchair to be pushed to the back which leaves stacks of room for all your essential kit.
The material is the very well proven climatex which has a very high hydrostatic head rating, also the chub vizor lite has the ability to be able to open and close the rear vent from inside, which is very handy if there is suddenly heavy rain during the night, you don't have to leave the bivvy or even get out your bedchair to close it!
This bivvy gets my rating because of the lightness which is a factor if you want to try and stay mobile.
Also worth considering an Overwrap/Winter skin for the Chub Vizor lite Bivvy to help keep the condensation down in the colder months
- Enhanced shaping for increased floor space
- Utilising a split pole design to allow for bigger bedchairs
- Unique four point single tension strap
- Unique waterproof 'backdraft' ventilation
- Ability to open back panel from the inside
- Removable 'zip out' front panel
- Door has both Mozzi and clear options
- Letterbox style door capability
- Mozzi mesh side panels
- Full door overwrap available
- CHUB's exclusive Climatex material very good HH rating 10,000
- Includes heavy duty groundsheet, T-pegs, and carry bag.
Cyprinus Base Head Quarters Bivvy
The Cyprinus HW gets my best buy because of the features and value for money♥
Third up on the bivvy reviews is the Cyprinus base HQ is based on a very well known bivvy that would cost a lot more! it features rear vents, front and rear rod supports and also a very good 10,000 HH hydro-tech fabric, it only weighs 7.5kg which is one of the lightest bivvys out there (plus pegs and groundsheet totaling approx. 3kg) it has a very good size footprint, plenty of room for a bedchair and essential kit.
- 10,000mm Hydrostatic head
- Available in one-man and two-man versions
- 100% Waterproof Hydro-tec fabric
- Super strong poles, with a new powder coating finish
- Zipped and Velcroed mozzie back vents and front windows
- Interlocking frame-support system
- Front and rear rod straps
- Clear windowDual-zipped doors, allowing you to create a letterbox opening
- Heavy-duty groundsheet and T-pegs
- Zipped heavy duty carry bag
Forth up in the bivvy reviews is the Fox Royal Classic Bivvy Featuring a two rib, the pram-hood design that also features a porch for extra protection from the elements. It comes supplied with full frame support and also has adjustable tension straps on the side.
When new the pole system is rather tight the first few times you pack it down, but they do loosen up after a few outings.
Front rods supports. You will also find mozzy mesh panels on the front of the shelter to aid airflow and keep annoying bugs out in the summer months and it is also supplied with a heavy duty groundsheet and PVA clear panel for the front door, which features the same 2 way ‘barn door’ system as our other popular bivvies.
The front of the Royale Classic can be rolled up to create an open fronted shelter should you wish also.
There is an overwrap available separately for the Royale Classic to create a twin-skinned effect for use in the colder months
- Full frame support supplied
- Adjustable tension straps on both sides
- Mozzy mesh panel on the front panels and door for air flow
- PVC door option also supplied
- Two way letterbox style door
- Front can be rolled up to create an open fronted shelter
- Two rod straps on front of shelter
- Made from a hard wearing breathable Polyester fabric with Hydrostatic head rating of 2000mm
- Supplied in oversized carry bag
- Overwrap available separately
ABODE EVOQUE 1 MAN PRAM HOOD BIVVY SYSTEM
Fifth up in the bivvy reviews is the EVOQUE encapsulates all features of the original 1 man pram hood bivvy dome with new manufacturing technics keeping the old faithful crisp and fresh with a new addition of a peaked front, it features two pegging heights, for if the ground isn't very level. This bivvy is 5000 Hydrostatic head.front rod straps on the peak.
- 5000 Hydrostatic head and 210D OXFORD nylon
- 100% Waterproof 210D PU coated cover with green taping.
- Peaked front of bivvy.
- Mozzi mesh panels.
- Two-way double zip barn style door.
- Bar Stitching at stress points.
- Two pegging heights.
- Groundsheet skirt.
- Supplied with Heavy duty pegs. Strong heavy duty 3 rib frame.
The Nash Titan has been a popular bivvy with many anglers over the years and has stood the test of time. With the new updates to the Titan bivvy, it's still one to consider when looking for a new bivvy.
There a 4 new designs in the rang all of them feature the new nylon block that is now lighter but has been made more rigid with a smoother faster action. It also is rigid enough that it doesn't need a tension strap.
The frame has been redesigned to give more of a flat back which increases the usable space inside the bivvy.
The front ribs that extend to give more of a peak so you have a bit more protection from the elements especially when it rain. It just gives that little extra cover. also with the rain gutting on the lip to direct the water down the side of the bivvy and not inside. and when it's lovely and hot you can remove the infill panels that just zips off.
It has twin rod velcro retaining straps just to the side of the bivvy.
Inside the bivvy you get a hanging hook which is a good place to hand your headtorch so it's quick to hand.
The T2 is the larger bivvy with all the same features as the T1
The weights and size are
Titan T1 Dimensions.
- 275cm (W) x 135cm (H) x 197cm (D)
- Weight with Mesh Capsule and Storm Panels: 12.8kg
- Weight with Mesh Capsule and Storm Panels: 12.8kg
- Complete (also including Groundsheet): 14.9kg
- Without Capsule, Storm Panels and Groundsheet: 8kg
Titan T2 Dimensions.
- 325cm (W) x 140cm (H) x 250cm (D)
- Weight without Mesh Capsule: 11.4kg
- Weight with Mesh Capsule and Storm Panels:15.4kg
- Complete (also including Groundsheet): 18.5kg
- Without Capsule, Storm Panels and Groundsheet: 9.2kg
Nash Titan TC bivvy
The TC is one of the lighter Titans for when you want to stay a bit more mobile it packs down to just 47" and weighs
9.5kg with groundsheet. or just 6.5kg with the front and groundsheet removed. The TC models have a 420D lightweight PU coated nylon skin.
The Titan TC PRo in the range it uses the same frame dimensions as the TC.
The TC Po has an upgraded material with the aqua sense hydrostatic head rating of 5000 It also has rear mesh vents to keep the bivvy nice and cool for those hot summer days.
with the side door panels also having a mesh front. Both the TC and Pro model comes with a groundsheet. with the TC and Pro, there also is an optional mesh capsule available just for that helps keep off the condensation build up.
It also gives some extra protection from them pesky insects during them hot summer nights.
TC/TC pro dimensions
- Weight: 9.5kg
- Complete (Groundsheet and Front) 9.5kg
- Complete + Capsule 12kg
- Without Groundsheet 7kg
- Without Groundsheet and front 6.5kg
Aqua M3 bivvy
Aqua is a name that you associate with high quality when talking about bivvy materials, As with some of the higher trakker range use the Aquatexx material which is one of the best for waterproof resistance and breathability. The M3 is rated at 14,000 hydrostatic head which is one of the higher ones in our bivvy review.
Having seen one at my lake recently I'm impressed with both the build quality and the materials used.
The Aqua M3 bivvy uses a 3 rib section with only two break points per section which does make setting up and putting the bivvy away quicker and easier.
There are many configurations with the Aqua M3 you can have the full infill rolled back to have the full open look or with just the mozzy mesh for when them pesky bugs are out to bite.
It comes with two front velcro rod straps on the peak and also the rear of the bivvy, You can also remove the peak as it detaches from the bivvy.
With a big rear vent that is so important to have, they make such a difference when we do get them hot sunny days just gives that through-draft to keep everything inside cool.
You also have a couple of options with wraps they do a Super wrap and an M3 extended wrap.
Aqua M3 bivvy Features
- Precision moulded interlocking frame support.
- 3 rib system.
- 2 break pole system.
- Full removable mozzie infill.
- Two-way door zips.
- Clear window blind.
- Rear mozzie vent.
- Removable peak.
- Rod retaining straps.
- Heavy duty groundsheet & pegs included.
- Tension strap included.
- Supplied in a high-quality case.
- Wraps and bundle deals available.
M3 Super Wrap
M3 Extended wrap
The M3 super wrap uses the same Aquatexx material with front and rear vents with the wrap it extends to bivvy antra 2 feet of space at the front of the bivvy. The super wrap also fits the Trakker Armo to convert a 1 man into a 2 man with this wrap. The weight of wrap is 6kg
The M3 extended wrap gives the benefits of having a winter skin and keeping down condensation during them cold frosty nights without increasing the footprint of the bivvy to much as only minimal additional space is required. It also has the front and rear vents as standard. The weight of the wrap is 4kg